Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grocery Bag Dispensers

I am not a complete tree hugger and I actually dislike that term as I believe saving the environment is a truly worthwhile cause. I try to find many ways to recycle and reuse. We make full use of our local recycling programs and reuse things in the house or repurpose them where we can. So one my earlier sewing projects this winter when I was still pregnant with Liam and Kristoffer was a grocery bag dispenser. I don't line mine - what is the purpose, unless you want a reversible one and you want to turn it out for a different look. That's easy too and you can do it the same way you do anything else lined. It just wasn't what I wanted or needed. For the elastic at the bottom, I use probably 1/3 the elastic as the case is around, to ensure of course the tight bottom hole. You don't want your bags falling out! Yet, you do want to be able to pull them through relatively easily.

Here is the link to my Grocery Bag Dispensers online. I will not be listing them on Etsy. I had them there for four months and while I received a number of "hearts", no sales resulted. I notice for many crafters who sell them on Etsy, they don't move from inventory quickly. They were hugely popular at my craft shows, especially my most recent one the 4th of July. I had one mom of a college male student who had just that weekend been told by her son that he wanted one and couldn't find one! She was absolutely thrilled that I made them. I was pleased to make her day. Other customers commented similarly and wondered why stores such as Target and Wal-Mart no longer carry them. I am quite fine to be one of the few who offer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment